About Me

My photo
Freelance illustrator, aspiring animation character designer, and avid shoe-wearer.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Afternoon of the Faun Pt 2



So this is an illustration of a scene from Afternoon of the Faun (1910 Russian Ballet, sort of “modernism” for the ballet world). This scene, in short, is the title faun character watching on a rock as the nymphs he tried to seduce disappear from his view. At the end of the ballet, the faun basically ballet-style humps a rock and it was OH SO CONTROVERSIAL at the time. I tried to make him look rock humpy too, but I’m not sure it came across as well as I’d hoped.

I do like all of my lines though, that background took FOREVER and I had to do ALL the research on back muscles (just to bend the rules anyway). I liked having a piece with a background though, it was a nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BUY THINGS

Buy my t-shirts

Followers