About Me

My photo
Freelance illustrator, aspiring animation character designer, and avid shoe-wearer.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Benny



So I figure I need to do a comic and I'm exploring some ideas with this character. His name is Beneath (Benny for short) and that's his rabbit I haven't named yet.


He was born in an underground society of his species (which I haven't named yet) who are all red with long noses and have varying lengths of tail. My theory is they split off post-ice age and adapted a little differently for their lives underground, went deeper into the caves instead of coming out like humans. For years they traded with humans and stayed relatively in touch, there's some half-and-halfs here and there (gonna claim gingers have their genes a bit lol) and after a while tended to be blamed for maladies like dead livestock or plagues or what have you and eventually in the middle ages were labeled as demons.


I figure after the whole "demon" thing they give up on them and just stick around underground and the only sightings are labeled as cryptozoological at best, aliens and things.Anyway, I'll flesh out more of that when I get to posting some more stuff on it.


So this is Benny and a bunny in the clothes he wears above-ground (which I realized looks like the guy from that DOS game Treasure Mountain hahaha).

OK TOO MUCH TEXT more later when I draw more of the designs and get some story fleshed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BUY THINGS

Buy my t-shirts

Followers